Friday, November 29, 2013

So, a Year Later....

Hi guys. It's been a whole year since I've updated this blog! I know I left everyone hanging with my glitch videos and I might get around to posting them. I still have them. :P

So let's see what has happened since December 2012....

In January I retired from Runescape. I HATED the EOC update and while I'm sure it runs a whole lot better than it did, I hated it so much that it turned me off from doing any fighting. That meant I was stuck skilling, mostly farming, and I got bored very quickly. I did get 99 farming right before I quit, so I have 10 99's now, yay. Also, indirectly because of EOC, ALL of my ways of making money became obsolete so I had no way to make cash like I was used to. That made it really hard to do any of the money-intensive training I wanted to do, like smithing.

Also I was having some clan issues and just wasn't happy with any chats as they seemed to get overrun with people I found annoying rather quickly. The social aspect was the last remaining reason why I played and with that gone I finally left. Also a lot of my great friends that I would PM all the time quit or changed their settings so I couldn't reach them. Only a few remained when I left.

I've been using those Target membership cards and just let it run out and never looked back. I may play again at some point but right now it'll be a while. I don't even know how many of my friends still play and it's a whole different world now.

Moving onto some real life events this year...
In late January, I had to say goodbye to Eenie. It was heartbreaking but I feel no guilt. I had her half my life and she definitely lived a long and happy life with me. She died in my arms and was buried under the same tree where we first met each other when I was 12. Those who know me well know how much I loved my cat and all the silly videos I made with her.

I still think of her daily.

That same day I got promoted to fulltime at work, helping time to fly by. I worked from 1 - 9:30 five days a week from February to November and that got us to break out of apartment living and buy our first house! It's a house I know well, as we bought it from my parents and they were the ones who moved. It's cool now owning and living in the house I grew up in. Plus, my parents only moved across town so they're still here.

In April I found out I was again expecting and felt for a long time that I literally traded my cat for a baby. I sit here, 3 days past my due date, tummy HUGE, waiting for our baby girl to arrive. And yes, we're totally legit for reals naming her Molly. It really is my favorite name. :D

So yeah, I've been wanting to update this blog a few times but never felt like it, so I figured the year mark would be the perfect time. I am going to keep this blog up as a memory of a time when I had a lot of fun with an online game and instead of it becoming a stale blog I am thinking of turning it into a crafting blog where I can post craft projects I've done in one dedicated place. I can call it "putting 99 crafting to good use" or something like that. I do love me a good crafting project. :P

As for my dad, he has also quit RS and has decided to become a music major at the college I went to so he's busy with that. He's doing the major I started with, composition, and hopefully the program will be much better for him than it was for me. It's funny to see him freaking out over chord progressions and stuff I did as an 18-year-old. Hahaha.

So yes I am still here but, at least for the time being, will not be blogging about Runescape any longer. I had a lot of fun and many wonderful times, many which are immortalized in screenies and blog posts. I've seen and experienced a lot in the 6 years I played and will always have a special place in my heart for the music. And the flippers. XD

Happy Holidays everyone and until next time...

9 comments:

  1. Aw Piepie, I'm looking forward to hearing all about the new and exciting stage of your life that's about to begin! We've had some fun times in RuneScape but I'm glad we are still friends outside of the game too. I hope we're going to be there for each other for a long time coming. :) Best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a little dance here in my computer chair when I saw your blog update :) I no longer play either, but still like to read others happenings. It's sad to see what has happened to the game that we all loved so much :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly wish that you get this comment. It's Vandyballer and I'm a third of the way to 99 Farming, like 800k xp away, and I'd love for my old friend to be present at the party. And if you have any contact information for any other old Canters, I'd love for as many to be there! Hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vandyyyy! I don't have members anymore but my dad still does so I'm sure I can get him to attend. If it's at a time when we're in the same house I'll gladly watch too! I work in the mornings but I'll do my best!

      Delete
    2. Sounds great! It'd certainly be one evening. Possibly next weekend. I'll comment on this post when I know for sure!

      Delete
  4. 99 Farming Party. This coming Sunday, so April 13. 7:00 U.S. Central time. Catherby Farming patch. I'll let ya know if anything changes and if ya can, spread the word to old friends! I'd love to see everyone. world 84!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Change of time! 6:00 U.S. central standard time! Same place, world 84!!

      Delete
  5. Pie, I read this and squealed. I do miss you guys oh so much and would love to keep in contact and here all about baby Pie. Tis Fuge btw <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous20 May, 2014

    WOW PIE!!! Not sure if you still remember Red X 226/Lil Vic/Rilkar Spine/the guy you always called "Red" despite the frequent name changes but it's me.

    Holy crap man... too much has changed these 4 years I was gone. Thought about looking for traces of you guys and reading your posts brings up so much nostalgia...

    And no, I have no plans of returning as member anytime soon. I hate the EoC as well even though I'm quite late to the party.

    ReplyDelete