Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cosplayer Molly

This year our orchestra director is letting us wear costumes for our concert (the day before Halloween) and since I can only wear something that won't cover my face or hands, since I need to be able to actually play my instrument, I decided to fulfill a dream I've had for a while and make a real life Runescape outfit.

Over the past 2 months or so I've been slowly getting items that I would need and in random free time that I haven't filled with RS or writing I've been cutting, hand-stitching, and basically crafting together a custom outfit based off of one of my more recent choices of attire (the rambler hiking moonclan one).

I got super lucky because the only thing I had to buy were 4 t-shirts (which were on a huge sale!). Everything else I found in my house. Because of infinite good luck, my sister got a penguin costume last year that came with, you guessed it, big yellow flippers! I spent quite a bit of time on the shirt but once that was done the skirt went together in like 30 minutes total- no sewing at all! So, for your viewing pleasure, here are some pics of my Cosplay outfit which includes the moonclan top and bottom, a Witchwood Icon, a backpack, and flippers!

Pics, because it totally happened!

The finished outfit! My dad told me to grab the watering can for added effect. :P

Standing the way RS peeps stand, with a teeny inset pic of what my outfit was based off of.

My favorite, of course! Me playing my oboe with an inset pic of Molly Musica doing the same.

I'll be wearing this tomorrow night, with my hair in 4 ponytails just like it is in RS! :D
(and minus green skin lol)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment