Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sounds of Scaping

Most people from the clan I'm in know this already, but I play with the sound ON. Always have, always will. Someone put a ton of time and effort into the sounds and music of this game and being a composition major who notices every detail I appreciate every chirp, note, and step.

With a new-ish update songs are no longer confined to a small area but all songs of a particular area and genre play. I guess this stops the same song playing over and over while some songs are never played again...

Being a Questbeast or Quest Sister, I have most of the musics unlocked. In fact, I only have 10 at this time that remain locked up in red. All of them are from minigames. Despite this, I have heard every (other) song and definitely have my favorites. While doing certain things, sometimes, I like to have a different music playing and loop it. Here are a few examples:

When running agility in Brimhaven, the default song is "Aztec," whereas I will 99% of the time change it to "Pharaoh's Tomb," which is the song from the agility pyramid, because I think it fits well. Also, whenever I am fighting Dust Devils, I must must MUST listen to my absolute favorite song in all of RS (which coincidentally started playing as I started writing this post, as I am mining a star in Uzer.). That song is unlocked probably during Spirits of the Elid and it is called "Back To Life." I don't know what it is, but this is my favorite song in RS without question. Listen to it, or don't, I don't care but I love it.

In addition, sometimes combat music gets old... You know, all those dungeon and attack songs... If I am in a mood to be "epic'd out" I will put on Armageddon or Armadyl Alliance from the GWD. Both are very energetic. Another of my favorites that I'll loop forever is Fe Fi Fo Fum from Grim Tales quest and yet another is Eruption from the wildy volcano. Ah these are great songs to listen to while killing stuff, and believe me, I did a lot of killing! 99 Defence for the win! Also, this just wouldn't be a post if I didn't mention that "Tune From the Dune" is another favorite and a must for killing scabarites. And of course, "Sound of Guthix" is for runecrafting and summoning.

If I'm just in the mood for something I'll loop that forever and ever... Some good songs for random times are Easter Jig from the Easter events, Landlubber, and Trouble Brewing. Haha, notice a slight pirate tendency? I love most of the pirate songs.

In addition to the music, I love certain sounds. For whatever reason, Earth Wave is my favorite of all. I'm known to play Stealing Creation just to cast that silly spell. There's just something about "*pop!* *keeeeyow!!*" that makes me smile. I also like the sounds of the little fire strike, any other earth spell, and of course water wave (*sploosh!*). Another sound I love, for whatever reason, is the sound of someone ice barraging like 10 things at once. It reminds me of lots of power and mass magic lvlage and I love it. Haha. One of my favorite sounds to hear is the sound of a shooting star falling next to me. That sound is very, very good.

Sorry I sort of rambled on but there you go. I'm quite odd...

P.S. the sound of jumping down the last pipe on the gnome extended course is the same sound as the star falling. Everytime it catches me by surprise and I think I've gotten finders. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Love the blawg, Pie Pie!!!! You've really hit your stride, girl! xoxoxoxmolly

    ReplyDelete