Monday, July 5, 2010

A Story of Frustration, Love, and Triumph

So that new quest with high requirements came out! I was pretty excited, especially because I'd heard good things about it from people who had started it. I began the morning with a run and after spending the rest of my stat spy runes on people and teleporting Peeky to Moonclan where I pwnt a squah with my torag hams and a penguin watched.......


Finally after all that I was ready to start the quest! It had great quotes and amazing cutscenes.



It was so funny to see the pair emote, go on adventures together, level mage, and my favorite- waltzing! Hearing the quest cape emote made me cry though... I want it back soooo bad and I miss it. It's been a long time since I heard that lovely sound...... But anyway it was a really easy quest. As people started getting to the boss however things changed. After some of the strongest in the clan said things like "8 sharks was not enough" and "you can't pray" and "it took me 5 trips" I was beginning to worry a little.

The rest of the quest was good so I wasn't expecting to die. I loaded up on extra food and went in. To my great surprise, I died. Degrading my karils skirt. -.- Panicking, I hurried over to my grave in Rimmy. Camelot seems an ocean away when there's 5 minutes on the grave. I was confused and really frustrated which made me pissed off. A lot. I hardly ever get so mad that I lose it but man I lost it! I changed some things and went back a second time.

I died again. Then I went back a third time and died yet again. By now Merchy was hanging out at the POH blessing every grave that appeared and there were lots. I finally went in with just sara brews hoping that the WOM would just kill her before I died. No go. I could not for the life of me figure out why I kept dying. She blood barraged me and healed whatever little hit I managed to get.

By now I was so pissed that tears were streaming down my face. I was a wreck. It was like Nomad all over again and I seriously thought I couldn't beat her. I had used up my rocktails and all high healing food I had. All the words from the jerks who told me I couldn't do nomad came flooding back and all those feeling of hurt came rushing back. And of course all my friends were PMing me asking if I did the new quest to which I responded "Ffs!!!!" I told everyone I was giving up and not going back for a 5th time. I knew that I just needed to calm down so I sat next to Merchy and we talked.


Just sitting with her pixels made me feel better and she and Canting tried so hard to cheer me up. It worked and slowly we began to gather more and more people to our grave blessing spot until...


We had gathered a huge crowd of Canters, including a bunch that had just wandered by and were invited to join the cc. :D We had a great time just sitting for about an hour. No skilling, no fast-paced killing, no grinding, just sitting and relaxing and talking. It was so fun! Of course we eventually broke into an emote line. :P

l-r: ugis73, me, Merch Gwyar, Romanguy9734, Krazy Karl 5, Fred Lay, and Cossack in front

Soon we slowly went back to the daily grind of Runescape and we learned that Tanyakins was doing Contact! A bunch of us quickly ran to Sophanem to cheer her on while she pwnt that beetle! It took a while to get ready so I played myself a few games of PP and got a thief level!

Yay!! Only 2 more levels till I can pick everyone in SC!!

After much worry and lots of encouragement Tanya did indeed pwn that beetle!! I found her and we wooted and cheered!



When I went on that questing spree a year ago I remember Contact being one of the hardest bosses so pwning it was all the better! That's another biggie crossed off for Tanya!! Woohoo!!

I then went to Peeky's house to check out his new dungeon. I didn't get any pics there but I did get a pic of his KBD heads that he got recently!


I love the way they look! It makes me want some. :P And of course Merchy was uber excited to get hers... We all remember that! :P

After that I went to farm some potatoes to make tuna potatoes for more attempts at Zenevivia. I got distracted by an open imp portal and went in with hunter pots hoping to catch my first dragon imp. No such luck but within 5 minutes I found a kingly!


It looks like Santa flying around. :P I can't catch it and apparently the other 2 people in there didn't see it or didn't care so I called Levi in and he caught it! He gave me as many dragon dart tips as he could trade for free and was very happy. I now have lots of d darts because the last kingly I saw and had him catch had unfinished tips. :P I can't wait to try them out now!

After a while I settled for w77 lrc and went mining for a while:


When I felt satisfied from my mining itch I piddled around some more. I decided to try Zenevivia again and after seeing people's experiences and stuff realized that I needed to pray mage and although she can hit through it, it stops almost all of the blood barrage. *headdesk* I also learned that a D hally was not a bad idea and Arwyn told me that a DDS worked wonders. I even broke down and bought rocktails. I had caught a 2nd wind hours later and was ready to try one more time.

As the fight started this 5th time things were different. I prayed from the beginning and sure enough the only thing that hit me was the flame floor! I whipped out Mary and did many nice specs on her and then got out my new halberd when she got up on a statue. I'd hit her once with range to turn off her mage pray so that the WOM could maybe hit her. Whoa, it was WORKING!!! Before long she had 1/4 health left and I had plenty of rocktails left! I was going to do it! I could totally see it!! Then it happened.

She died.

I screamed.

I also filmed the whole thing! Too bad I forgot to turn the mic on because I was screaming like an idiot when I beat her! Oh well at least I had an excellent recording as an example to youtube quest guide users!!

Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg!



Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! HOLY SAAIILL ON A BOAT I JUST BEAT THE BOSS THAT I THOUGHT I COULD NEVER BEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!!@!@!#!#

The rest of the quest continued on in awesome cutscene fashion. I was under the impression that they died in the end and was very relieved to find out that they did not. It was really cute that Zenevivia borrowed his phat! :P


Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg!

Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg!


I leveled to 83 Smiffin from it!! :D

I go to bed happy and satisfied and can't wait for tomorrow!

P.S. I need a name for my new D Hally... :P

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. D Hally = Zenevivia

    Gratz on quest and lvl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helm Lardar07 July, 2010

    Umm...could it be Hal?
    Oh and you said something ages ago about getting mage up for d slayer, elvarg absorbs magic. So you need melee or ranged.

    ReplyDelete