Monday, October 5, 2009

The Epic Farm Run

Today, in honor of getting 82 Farming (torstol time!!!!! wooooooooot!!!) I decided I would post my farm run. It covers allotments, fruit trees, bushes, Belladonna, and the calquat patch.

First, you need supplies. Make sure you're either wielding or holding:
  • 250 Coins
  • Explorer Ring
  • Dramen/Lunar Staff
  • Trollheim Tele (2 Law + 2 Fire)
  • Karamja Gloves 3
  • Falador Shield (for the farm boost)
  • Ectophial
Optional items are a Combat Bracelet for a Champion's tele, Teleport Crystal (for the Lletya fruit tree), and a Dueling Ring for quick banking at Mobilising Armies (close to a spirit tree).

I teleport by means of Spirit Trees, Fairy Rings, Ectophial, Karamja Gloves, and one rune-based teleport. I have a spirit tree planted in Port Sarim.

Now here is what you're going to need for a full run, seed-wise:
  • 5 Herb Seeds
  • 4 Flower Seeds
  • 24 Allotment Seeds
  • 4 Poison Ivy Seeds
  • 1 Belladonna Seed
  • 1 Calquat Seed
Optional- a sapling of any of the fruit trees and an axe.

All right! Now that we've got all that, the first thing we do is teleport to Trollheim and make our way to the disease-free herb patch. This patch is reserved for all Ranarrs and Snapdragons, but I use it as a narmal patch as well. I normally farm Kwuarm and Toadflax. Once this patch is planted use the Explorer Ring to go to the Falador Patch with the Cabbage Teleport.

OK, now we're in the land where much farming takes place! First, equip your Falador Shield 2/3 for a little XP bonus and harvest and plant the Allotment. Then run east to Draynor Manor, hop through the shortcut, and harvest/plant the Belladonna- making sure you're wearing gloves or you'll get "poisoned" and be unable to pick it. Yeah. It's potent stuff. After that make a slight jog west all the way to the Rimmington POH Portal and harvest/plant your Poison Ivy. Keep these berries and have the Leprechaun note these and any other items. Then run to the Port Sarim Spirit Tree (or duel ring to mobilising armies if you don't have one).

Once at the Spirit Tree, go to the Grand Exchange (or use a Combat Bracelet) and run down to the Champion's Guild bush patch. Pick the berries, dig it up, and plant the new one. Poison Ivy is immune to disease so you don't need compost. By the way you need a seed dibbler and spade for all of these... You probably figured that out though LOL :-) Now head back to a spirit tree by either running north, using the cabbage teleport again, or by teleporting to Mobilising Armies.

Now take the Spirit Tree to Battlefield of Khazard and run east to the bush patch near the party monk place. It's also near a possible Kandarin star location. Run back to the spirit tree after you've picked and noted the berries and replanted it.

Now it's time to start picking fruit. Take the Spirit Tree first to Tree Gnome Stronghold and pick your fruits. I have coconuts in all of these patches. If you're going to plant new ones each time, make sure you have a spade and an axe, plus payment if you want your trees protected. After this go back to the Spirit Tree and head to the Tree Gnome Village. Follow Elkoy out of the maze, head west, harvest/plant the fruit tree, and then run southeast, along the maze, to the fairy ring.

Once here, dial C-I-P. You're now in Miscellania. Run east into Etceteria and pick/plant the last bush patch. You're doing great! While you're here, water the dry patch and compost the barren patch to get your kingdom approval rating up, if you manage your kingdom. I keep my approval at 100% just by doing this with every run. Now head back to the fairy ring.

This time, dial B-L-R. Finally, another allotment! This code takes you to the Legends Guild so head west until you hit the Ardougne Allotments. Once you've planted everything, get out your Ectophial and empty it.

Now you're in Port Phasmatys. Run west until you hit the Alltoment patch and harvest away! Now it's time to activate those Karamja Gloves.

Now you should be under Shilo Village. This is where your coins come in handy. Make your way to the cart and pay 10 gp for a ride up to Brimhaven. Harvest the fruit from the tree right beside you and then run south through many trees and bitey plants until you arrive at the top of Tai Bwo Wannai Village. This is where the Calquat patch is. This tree is not chopped down like the others. You dig it up with a spade. Once it's in the patch, pay Imagio 8 of your poison ivy that you've been harvesting. You can either keep the fruit to make kegs with or you can chuck it in a compost bin where it counts as Supercompost. OK, now run back north and charter the ship to Catherby.

You're almost done! Once you're safely upon the beaches of Catherby head east and pick the fruit off the fruit tree. It's way against White Wolf Mountain. Then, run back west and head north of the bank where you then harvest the final Allotment. Congratulations, you are done!

So there's how I farm. Of course you can always alter it if you can't access something. I can't believe how well my earlier self planned this, so that I get 8 poison ivy berries before reaching the calquat tree. I get about 8-10k XP from this, not including the calquat tree, which grows quite slowly. Of course this become tons more if I planted fruit trees that are ready for their health to be checked.

Random Facts about my Route:

  • About Lletya, I only plant Papaya Trees there so I will only go there if I have a new sapling to plant. It's good too because papaya is payment for palm trees.
  • I always use supercompost for herbs and Belladonna, and compost for flowers and vegetables
  • I do normal tree runs differently, as I usually don't have a lot of seeds. I keep willows, yews, and mages. The mage always goes in Gnome and everything else goes in the other 4 patches. These I check randomly and re-plant as I am able. I cut branches off willows before I cut them to use for Ent pouches.
  • I get 99% of my seeds from my kingdom, which is maxed on maples. I get about 19 nests of seeds with every visit.
  • I use a Giant Ent quite a bit when farming because I get extra harvest on bushes, fruit, and Belladonna if I am lucky.
  • I almost always grow Limpwurt in the flower patch and Kwuarm in the herb patch.
  • I got 82 Farming today :-D That means I can now plant everything in the game :-)
I know this is a long post that is probably quite boring to non-farmers but I am a big believer of helping others in the game and being as informative as possible. I just couldn't do a post without a picture so here it is:
Yay! Garden Pie + Torstol = Herbs!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment