Thursday, October 1, 2009

Why I Play

Runescape is a game where people from all walks of life meet and interact. Everyone plays for different reasons. Some play to kill time. Others play because they like training skills, or the rewards from training skills. Others play it for the chat. Still, others play it for the minigames, quests, and activities that go on.

Why do I play? Obviously a combination of these things. Actually, in all honesty, the #1 reason why I play is this is my social outlet. I am a pretty anti-social person who actually prefers to be alone where I don't have to talk and where it's quiet. However, being totally isolated isn't really any fun so I chat. In my opinion, the clan chat feature was one of the best updates in the game. Before it came out I played a lot but I never really played with people. After it came out I soon joined a heavily advertised clan where I met some friends. It was cool to hang out and do some things with these people and talk about the game or even real life events. A few years have passed since that day and I switched into a different clan but with many of the same people. Nowadays I hop clans a lot in hopes of helping someone out or just talking to people. It doesn't matter what we talk about but I do love to talk! Maybe a little too much...

Of course I also enjoy the game a lot. The time and setting of the game is my cup of tea and I have loved learning terminology as well as style from it. I really love that I could do something different every day. I might feel like fishing one day or maybe I feel like playing Trouble Brewing. Some days I just want to talk to people and do whatever comes up. Maybe another day I may want to smith for fun and an hour later feel like raising my Slayer. When there is nobody to talk to, that's when I am happy that the game is there for me to do whatever I want.

Another reason I like this game is that it makes time go by very fast. If I have an hour to kill I'll pop into RS and do something like a farm run. I am definitely addicted to this game and play too much but you know what? Right now it's what I want to do and I'd have it no other way. If I do get a little bored of RS then I go do something else. It's not like I am a slave to the game. However, the last time I didn't log onto RS for a day was back in June. I love this game that much. It's perfect for me and I'm perfect for it. I go to school and have things to do too. It's not like all I do is play.

So there it is. That's why I play. It's my social outlet. I also enjoy every aspect.

In other news, I got this today. I know, I can hardly believe my eyes either! 1873 total o.OI again have a very short school day tomorrow so have your eyes peeled for 85 :-D Wow, 83-84 took ONE DAY. Let this be a motivator for anyone going for 99. I'm not kidding. It really is that fast.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment