Saturday, October 10, 2009

Of Clan Chat Slips and Epic Sentences

Earlier in the week, I found my way into Canting where a big group of people were talking and having a good time. It helped me melt away over 100k xp off my agility level. While talking, the conversation turned to a number of things, one being how awkward it is to misuse the "/" key. How many times have you accidentally said something in public that was meant in chat? Of course, it usually happens during a sketchy topic or at the worst time. It's equally funny to go the other way. This is a screenie I took a while back of someone pressing the "/" key when they didn't mean to.The poor victim is Sharp353. I don't remember what I was talking about but obviously I was getting good drops or something and then suddenly this guy shouts "If u eat me u get [the runs]," followed almost immediately with "Oops! Wrong chat lol! It gave me quite a good laugh.


Anyways, on this particular day, when I was in Canting, the most epic sentence I've ever heard was spoken (or typed... whatever). If I could, I would give out a huge award. This small sentence caused me to laugh hysterically for a very long time. It's so... witty... and happened at the perfect time. It came straight from the keyboard of Merch Gwyar too. "Erk g2g, real life happened"

I don't know why but that sentence is amazing. Thank you for making possibly my year. :-D

In other news...
This morning when I woke up I received an MSN message from a good friend I met over RS asking me to bring 3 ropes to him and his buddies, who forgot them on their way to fight the Sara boss. Of course I could do that! I know I made his day lol... Then I did some laps on the Barby Course and soon dueled my friend so that he could get 90 Strength on me. Gratz Rael!! Then there was an Asgarnia Star due in 9 minutes. I took my usual place at Taverly/Falador West and not two seconds after I opened a new tab to search Youtube for falling stars I heard that all familiar falling noise. I calmly typed in "Tav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" as I waited for it to land. Once it did I calmly tagged it, getting close to 6200 XP, and soon the rush of people appeared. It's funny, the last several stars I've been to I've just shown up and doubled with someone and it's fallen where I am. I guess I'm a star magnet.

After a bit on RS I went shopping and scored a new sweatshirt at a thrift store and some veggie chips, spinach dip, and Ramune (Japanese marble soda). It was fun to get out and about. Yes, I too have a "real life." I may play and post every day but I do other stuff for fun... :-D

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment